Sunday, January 8, 2012

Following God's Lead

I am constantly questioning myself about being the one to “head up” this blog. What do I know about orphan care? What could I possibly contribute?  Surely they’ve got the wrong gal for the job?
And then almost instantly, I remember who God historically uses. He doesn’t use the strongest, the wisest or the richest. He uses the ones who remember they have nothing apart from Him.
I have very similar feelings about being a part of this MCG. What do I know about orphan care? What could I possibly contribute? What does God have planned for our family as we choose to follow His heart for those without families?
He has graciously reminded me over and over again that I don’t need to know all the answers. I just need to keep following Him. He will lead the way.
Well, I do know that He has opened my eyes to the Fatherless and my heart won’t let me ignore it. "Once our eyes are opened we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12
I am not even sure when it happened.
It's exciting and scary all at the same time.
I see differently.
I hear differently.
I think differently.
I feel more.
I respond to His word differently.
Sermons, lessons, and scripture, prayers and life lessons - I see another angle - I am constantly relating everything to orphan care.
It's there when I kiss my boys good night and when I hold their hands.
It’s there when I wipe their noses or help them with their shoes and coats.
I just can't help but think about the 143 million orphans in the world, who don’t have a family to love them and care for them.
That is where I am. I know it won’t be easy. It won’t be perfect. It will be messy and hard. But after all, loving others usually isn’t easy.
Each of our group members brings something different to the table. It’s very exciting! We hope this blog will give you a better window into our hearts and encourage you to “defend the cause of the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and oppressed.” Psalm 82:3
I hope you’ll join us on this adventure. Don’t worry it won’t be me writing each time ;)

By Ali Fogarty, group member

No comments:

Post a Comment